A team of all trades.
Although Team6 has been in the gaming industry for over 20 years, we still consider ourselves being a young and dynamic company. Developing games for all kinds of platforms, from top 10-mobile games to a great diversity of games for all the latest consoles keeps us creative and always aiming for the skies.
We are looking for an experienced Game Designer who is eager to take on the role as main designer for one of our projects! As main Game Designer for this project, you’ll autonomously work on all stages of the design process and get the chance to have a significant impact on the course of the project. During the distinct phases of the project, you’ll receive support and guidance from our Lead Game Designer, a true industry veteran! Are you looking for a role that is divers, challenging, creative and has a high level of ownership? Then this is the role you are looking for!
- Degree in Game Development, Game Design or a similar education/ equivalent experience
- 2+ year of experience while acting as a Game Designer in a professional setting
- Experience with working on console- or handheld games, experience with mobile games is a plus
- Strong understanding of the game development cycle
- Strong understanding of game mechanics and game flow
- Experience with system design and balancing gameplay features
- Strong understanding about both conceptual, practical and technical aspects of game design
- Experience with documenting and communicating the design as clear as possible for each distinct discipline of game development
- Able to solve potential pitfalls while keeping deadlines, design pillars and scope in mind
- Self-motivated and able to perform under pressure
- Strong English communication skills in both verbal and written capacity
- Experience with UE4 and/or Unity 3D
- Keen eye for detail, visual polish and UX
- Extensive knowledge of the racing genre is a plus
- Passionate about the newest techniques and developments when it comes to game design
- Up to date with the latest software and hardware developments
- Experience with different development methodologies, experience with Agile and Waterfall methodology is a plus
What we offer:
Our name resembles our core beliefs, the best games are not made by individuals but by teams that have passion for games. Learning and inspiring each other is what we excel at. We put a lot of time in building a culture where our Team6-ers can thrive and enjoy a great atmosphere to, not only work in, but share their passion for creating games with their fellow Team6 members. We truly believe that it’s essential to share your passion and knowledge amongst like-minded people to create the best possible games. That’s why we are known for our informal and flexible family-like work culture, while maintaining a professional attitude. You can say we aim for the best of both worlds. If that didn’t convince you yet, we can also offer you:
- A diverse workforce with different nationalities and cultures
- Full-time job with room for personal growth (hours are negotiable)
- Employee benefits including traveling compensation and pensions
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the actual developed games, we’d love to hear your input and vision!
- A beautiful office location nearby the station surrounded by various pubs, restaurants and nearby the forest. Located in the same building as the cinema, library and theatre
We strongly prefer candidates that live nearby the studio in Assen, the Netherlands, or are willing to relocate to a place nearby our studio. For this position we only consider candidates that have a nationality from one of the countries that are part of the European Economic Area (EEA countries) or are already in possession of a permanent work permit which allows to work freely in the Netherlands (in this case the work permit will state “arbeid vrij toegestaan”)
If you share our ideology, want to become a great addition to our family and enrich us with your awesome talents, then we would love for you to reach out to us! Please send your application (including resume and portfolio) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us!