A team of all trades.
Although Team6 has been in the gaming industry for over 18 years, we still consider ourselves being a young and dynamic company. Developing games for all kinds of platforms, from top 10-mobile games to a great diversity of games for all the latest consoles keeps us creative and always aiming for the skies.
We are looking for a UI Programmer to join our programming team! As a UI Programmer you will mainly focus on console platforms where you will implement user interface prototypes, integrate various systems into UI and integrate UI art. You will work closely with the design team to make sure you create the most responsive and dynamic user experience for our games what will also suit localized content and resolutions. To ensure that the code is scalable you will maintain a clean and optimized UI codebase where the coding conventions are consistent. Finally, when you have created the most awesome UI possible, you can support the team with undertaking gameplay related tasks.
Are you the one who fits our requirements and are you looking for a new challenge? We would love to hear from you!
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- A degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience
- + 1 year of experience in the game industry
- High proficiency using game engines, like Unity & UE4, to create UI’s
- Strong understanding of game industry standards in UI techniques and technologies
- Creative problem-solving skills where you value the input from producers, product owner, co-workers and clients
- Strong analytical skills and able to work independent and autonomous
- Able to work with strict deadlines and delivering within the set schedule
- Strong English communication skills in both verbal and written capacity
- Experience with UE4 and creating UI’s using UMG and/or Slate.
- Experience with developing games for consoles & pc (Switch, Xbox One, PS4, Steam) and/or experience with developing games for mobile platforms (Android & iOS)
- Strong understanding of Game UI concepts, including multiplatform and multi-input concerns
- Experience with different development methodologies, experience with Agile and Waterfall methodology is a plus
- Experience with version control software such as SVN, P4 and GIT
- Experience creating tools and/or plug-ins for pipeline improvement
- Passionate about the newest techniques when it comes to programming
What we offer:
Our name resembles our core beliefs, the best games are not made by individuals but by teams that have passion for games. Learning and inspiring each other is what we excel at. We put a lot of time in building a culture where our Team6-ers can thrive and enjoy a great atmosphere to, not only work in, but share their passion for creating games with their fellow Team6 members. We truly believe that it’s essential to share your passion and knowledge amongst like-minded people to create the best possible games. That’s why we are known for our informal and flexible family-like work culture, while maintaining a professional attitude. You can say we aim for the best of both worlds. If that didn’t convince you yet, we can also offer you:
- A diverse workforce with different nationalities and cultures
- Full-time job with room for personal growth (hours are negotiable)
- Employee benefits including traveling compensation and pensions
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the actual developed games, we’d love to hear your input and vision!
- A beautiful office location nearby the station surrounded by various pubs, restaurants and nearby the forest. Located in the same building as the cinema, library and theatre
We strongly prefer candidates that live nearby the studio in Assen, the Netherlands, or are willing to relocate to a place nearby our studio. For this position we only consider candidates that have a nationality from one of the countries that are part of the European Economic Area (EEA countries) or are already in possession of a permanent work permit which allows to work freely in the Netherlands (in this case the work permit will state “arbeid vrij toegestaan”)
If you share our ideology, want to become a great addition to our family and enrich us with your awesome talents, then we would love for you to reach out to us! Please send your application (including resume and portfolio) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us!