A team of all trades.
Although Team6 has been in the gaming industry for over 20 years, we still consider ourselves being a young and dynamic company. Developing games for all kinds of platforms, from top 10-mobile games to a great diversity of games for all the latest consoles keeps us creative and always aiming for the skies.
We are looking for an experienced UI Designer to become the newest addition to our team! As an UI Designer you will be using your knowledge, experience and creativity to create user interfaces which are both visually compelling and user friendly. You will work closely with other disciplines to discuss UI concept ideas and adjust them where applicable to optimize player experiences within our games. Are you an experienced UI Designer within the game industry, do you have a keen eye for detail in design and are you looking for a new opportunity? Then keep on reading to check if your skills match the profile described below!
- A degree in Interaction Design, Human Centred Design or another relevant education/equivalent experience
- +1 years of experience as an UI Designer within the game industry
- Experience with developing user interfaces for console games
- High proficiency in Adobe Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
- Experience with UE4 and/or Unity 3D including the implementation of UI
- Strong understanding of how to design and optimize consistent end-to-end UI systems, features and player experiences
- Able to work with different art styles
- Experience with designing UI designs that comply with the usability requirements
- Able to translate design documents into correct wireframes and excellent UI flows
- A keen eye for detail in design and a solid understanding of graphic design principles
- Able to set up a workflow that makes the workload manageable and ensures that deadlines will be met
- Strong English communication skills in both verbal and written capacity
- Experience with 3D software, preferably 3DS Max, Blender and/or Maya
- Experience with motion graphics, 3D and/or VFX is a plus
- Basic understanding of programming
- Passionate about the newest techniques and developments when it comes to UI
- Experience with different development methodologies, experience with Agile and Waterfall methodology is a plus
What we offer:
Our name resembles our core beliefs, the best games are not made by individuals but by teams that have passion for games. Learning and inspiring each other is what we excel at. We put a lot of time in building a culture where our Team6-ers can thrive and enjoy a great atmosphere to, not only work in, but share their passion for creating games with their fellow Team6 members. We truly believe that it’s essential to share your passion and knowledge amongst like-minded people to create the best possible games. That’s why we are known for our informal and flexible family-like work culture, while maintaining a professional attitude. You can say we aim for the best of both worlds. If that didn’t convince you yet, we can also offer you:
- A diverse workforce with different nationalities and cultures
- Full-time job with room for personal growth (hours are negotiable)
- Employee benefits including traveling compensation and pensions
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the actual developed games, we’d love to hear your input and vision!
- A beautiful office location nearby the station surrounded by various pubs, restaurants and nearby the forest. Located in the same building as the cinema, library and theatre
We strongly prefer candidates that live nearby the studio in Assen, the Netherlands, or are willing to relocate to a place nearby our studio. For this position we only consider candidates that have a nationality from one of the countries that are part of the European Economic Area (EEA countries) or are already in possession of a permanent work permit which allows to work freely in the Netherlands (in this case the work permit will state “arbeid vrij toegestaan”)
If you share our ideology, want to become a great addition to our family and enrich us with your awesome talents, then we would love for you to reach out to us! Please send your application (including resume and portfolio) to email@example.com.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us!