A TEAM OF ALL TRADES.
Although Team6 has been in the gaming industry for over 20 years, we still consider ourselves being a young and dynamic company. Developing games for all kinds of platforms, from top 10-mobile games to a great diversity of games for all the latest consoles keeps us creative and always aiming for the skies.
We are looking for a Sound Designer that is highly motivated to work on our games together with the existing team of professionals. As a sound designer you will be the one who is responsible for the conceptualizing, designing, testing, editing and implementation of (game-ready) sound effects and other audio that’s needed for our projects on different platforms. You will be working on multiple projects, collaborate with our different teams while taking part in the initial design and the actual technical considerations of implementing the sounds and other audio.
- A degree in sound or Audio Design, Audio Engineering or an equivalent education/experience
- +1 year of experience within the game industry while acting as a Sound Designer
- Solid understanding of audio and sound related elements, assets, processes, specific needs, and technical requirements for a project
- Solid understanding regarding mastering audio mixes depending on target platform specifications
- Able to clearly communicate your creative process of decision making when it comes to sound design and knowing how to transfer the importance of sound in the overall game experience to other disciplines
- Able to create, improve and export audio assets and implement them through Unreal Engine whilst keeping an eye on the overall quality, game experience and performance
- Able to create and work on prototypes for audio
- Experience with investigating sound effect issues, tracking audio related bugs and fixing them
- Able to give correct estimations when it comes to audio schedule creation and able to set up a process and pipeline to ensure deadlines will be met
- Able to propagate learned knowledge to other art team members team and gain knowledge by receiving and understanding given feedback
- Able to work with limited direction and supervision
- Able to recognize potential pitfalls and solve these with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong English communication skills in both verbal and written capacity
- Knowledge of audio scripting for in-game audio features
- Experience with a variety of audio plugins is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with racing games is a plus
- Passionate about the newest techniques when it comes to sound designing
- Experience with different development methodologies, experience with Agile and Waterfall methodology is a plus
TEAM6 AS A COMPANY:
Our name resembles our core beliefs, the best games are not made by individuals but by teams that have passion for games. Learning and inspiring each other is what we excel at. We put a lot of time in building a culture where our Team6-ers can thrive and enjoy a great atmosphere to, not only work in, but share their passion for creating games with their fellow Team6 members. We truly believe that it’s essential to share your passion and knowledge amongst like-minded people to create the best possible games. That’s why we are known for our informal and flexible family-like work culture, while maintaining a professional attitude. You can say we aim for the best of both worlds. If that didn’t convince you yet, we can also offer you:
- A diverse workforce with different nationalities and cultures
- Full-time job with room for personal growth (hours are negotiable)
- Employee benefits including traveling compensation and pensions
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the actual developed games, we’d love to hear your input and vision!
- A beautiful office location nearby the station surrounded by various pubs, restaurants and nearby the forest. Located in the same building as the cinema, library and theatre
We strongly prefer candidates that live nearby the studio in Assen, the Netherlands, or are willing to relocate to a place nearby our studio. For this position we only consider candidates that have a nationality from one of the countries that are part of the European Economic Area (EEA countries) or are already in possession of a permanent work permit which allows to work freely in the Netherlands (in this case the work permit will state “arbeid vrij toegestaan”).
If you share our ideology, want to become a great addition to our family and enrich us with your awesome talents, then we would love for you to reach out to us! Please send your application (including resume and portfolio) to email@example.com.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us!